Thank you for your interest in donating to Detroit XPAC.
To donate to the political action committee, you must be a US Citizen. Please note that donations to political causes are not eligible for tax-deduction. Limitations exist on how much money a person can give per year. For individual contributions to Federal Campaigns, those limits can be found here on the FEC website. Meanwhile, Michigan campaign limits can be found here: http://michigan.gov/documents/sos/CON_LIMITS_CHART2010_CENSUS_371574_7.pdf
If you are not a US Citizen, please tell your friends about our organization and help us spread the word. Also, please consider an alternative donation to one of these great causes.
How to Donate:
Donations can be sent online through the buttons below. We use a credible third-party political fundraising tool provided by NGP VAN, to improve the likelihood that your donation will be made in a safe and secure manner. You may also send us a check if you are not comfortable with the online procedure. Checks can be made out to "Detroit XPAC" and mailed to the P.O. Box location on the Contact Us page. Please note whether you would like your donation to go towards a "Federal", "State/Local" or "Administrative" category.
Supports elections for candidates running for Federal Office to the U.S. House of Representatives or to the U.S. Senate.
Supports elections run through the State of Michigan, including local office in Detroit, (i.e. Gubernatorial, State House, State Senate and County-level)
Administrative costs cover stamps, envelopes, keeping the website up, and bank account minimums. Volunteers donate their time or services.
Why should I donate to you?
We know that Michigan pride doesn’t stop at the border. Donate because you love Detroit and Michigan. Donate because you want to be part of the revitalization of the city and the state.
Donate to us because we're doing the research. Donate to us because we're getting to know the candidates. Donate to us because we're going to make sure that what we do is also aligned with what locals want for the city. Donate to us because we're providing an avenue for you to support your hometown in a unique way.
What do you stand for?
We will support candidates who are:
- Pro-Detroit - Candidates who have demonstrated that they will not support revitalization efforts for the City or whose plans are to remove elective power from the City will not be receiving our support
- Pro-Environment - Candidates who have demonstrated a commitment to building environmental design into the neighborhood, including transportation efforts, urban farming efforts, zoning changes to allow creative sustainable businesses, pro-parks, walkable communities, considerate of the potential for blight reclamation, and whose ideas fuse environmental planning into the future plans for the city are the type of candidates we hope to support.
- Pro-Community - Candidates who find a way to balance the needs of the current residents with the needs of future residents are the type of candidates we hope to support. This may include social justice considerations, smart growth design, strong school districts, capable community centers, supportive of creative communities, historic preservation and new business attraction
- Fiscally - responsible - Candidates who find a way to meet the basic needs of the city: safety and community without repeating the mistakes of past politicians, ushering Detroit out of bankruptcy will for example be the type of candidates we hope to support.
- Pro-Business - Candidates who are interested in bringing a diverse array of businesses to Detroit and who have plans to attract and retain businesses in a way that create healthy, safer, more culturally enriching communities are the type of candidates we hope to support.
How it will work:
Political Action Committees may donate directly to candidates. They may also spend money on media and educational campaigns and to other PACs. Our specific PAC is unaffiliated with any one particular party or candidate. We anticipate we will be a multicandidate unaffiliated independent expenditure committee. We will endorse the candidates whose political platforms, and if possible, whose history of action, reflects an understanding of place-making, sustainable urban planning and fiscal responsibility. We will send out requests to understand the issues on candidate platforms about which we care most. We will review candidate responses to surveys and interviews. A committee of volunteers will review the responses matching them against the goals of our organization, which will also align with the goals of local organizations. Once selected, we'll pool donations, and we'll report out where the money was allocated.
We're also looking for the best ideas to hold the candidates accountable. If you have suggestions, please send ideas to email@example.com.
How Much Will Go To The Cause?
100% of all funds will go to support Detroit XPAC and its mission. To be even clearer: Our volunteers are dedicating their time and talent to the organization gratis. For the first year, we will do our best to put as much of the donations towards candidate related activity as possible. We would like to dedicate only what is absolutely necessary to administrative support in order to run the organization.